Callisters Christmas is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Callisters Christmas may change or modify this policy from time to time. You should check this page before each session to ensure you’re compliant with any changes.
This policy is effective from 8/1/17 and may be changed or updated at any time.
Information Collection & Use
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with personal information that can be used to contact or identify you.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, it is implied that you consent to Callisters Christmas collecting it and using it for that specific purpose only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as email marketing or SMS marketing via text message, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to decline.
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Contact information, including email address, physical address, and phone number
- Demographic information, such as zip code, age, and interests
- Other information relevant to purchases, credit card transactions, customer surveys, and/or offers
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This data may include information such as your computer's internet protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services, such as Google Analytics, that collect, monitor and analyze this information.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specific uses may include:
- Internal recordkeeping
- Improving products and services
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information we think you may find useful or interesting
- Customizing the website according to your interests
We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis, and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction/s in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
For example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are to required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information we have about you, please email us at email@example.com or write to:
16608 West Rogers Drive
New Berlin, WI 53151
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address/es. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect